OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Sandra Effinger <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sandra Effinger <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Jan 2005 06:56:04 -0600
Hello Colleagues,

The busy month of January gets even busier as all those contest deadlines
approach. Just a gentle reminder --

2005 Scholastic Writing and Art Awards
Postmark Deadline: Monday, January 10, 2005

2005 Student / Teacher Writing Contest ³WRITE TO WIN!² sponsored by OWP
Postmark Deadline: Friday, January 21, 2005

2005 Oklahoma Young Writers¹ Competition Information sponsored by the
O.C.T.E.
Postmark Deadline: Friday, January 21, 2005

The R. Darryl Fisher Creative Writing Contest sponsored by East Central
State University
Postmark Deadline: Monday, January 31, 2005

See the OWP Website Contest page for more information
    http://www.ou.edu/special/owp/contest.html

A disappointing note about the OWP Blog ³Decade of Reading and Writing
Contest.² Although I had three lovely journals as prizes, I did not get one
single entry.

Only Janis Cramer has taken advantage of the new e-Anthology format and only
a few people responded to her posting. NWP gave us FOUR web log addresses
and they are not being used. At the Technology Workshop on Saturday, January
22, ³Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Blogging,² I am considering
awarding these sites to attendees. Please let me know if you are interested.

Attendance at the technology workshops has been limited. I have posted tips
and downloads linked to each completed presentation at the following address
--
    http://www.ou.edu/special/owp/techinstitute.html

Hope your spring semester goes well.

Later,