OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Teresa Rothrock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teresa Rothrock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 14:29:00 -0600
Teachers,

As you may know, East Central University conducts the annual R. Darryl Fisher Creative Writing Contest for high school writers (grades 9-12), encouraging poetry, fiction, and creative nonfiction with an Oklahoma theme.  (Attached flyer is in Microsoft Word.)

We have the information posted on the OWP page and have given handouts to those who attend OCTE and the Oklahoma Literary Arts Festival.  Unfortunately, we  have had a low response.

This week, our committee is exploring ways to revamp this project, and I want to include you in the decision making.  If you could offer me a little of your time, I ask the following questions:

1.  As a teacher, what would you like to see included in the writing contest?

2.  What do you think your students would like to see included in the writing contest to help motivate them to participate?

3.  What services, support, and/or resources would encourage you and your students to explore more creative writing about Oklahoma?

Any other comments, suggestions, or questions are appreciated.

Thank you,

Teresa Rothrock, OWP Fellow 2004
Department of English and Languages
EAST CENTRAL UNIVERSITY