OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2005 10:29:24 -0800
Hi, teachers--

The spring writing workshop for students and teachers
is scheduled for March 30.  I'm looking for
presenters.  Sessions are 75 minutes, and you'd make
$100 if you do one presentation and $200 if you do
two.  I'll probably need two elementary sessions and
10 middle school and high school.  I'll need at least
two teacher sessions.  I could use more, but we're
about to explode out of the Moore-Norman tech center.
If we get more than 200 registrants, I don't know
where I'll put everyone.

If you present to students, you would just need to do
a fun writing activity with them, something like you'd
do in your classroom.  They should be able to leave
your workshop with a first draft of a poem or piece of
writing.

If you present to teachers, you could do your regular
presentation or try out a new one.  This is a great
place for that.

Bonner Slayton is going to do the general session,
using country music to write poems...

If you're interested, please send me a proposal,
including a title and a program description, and let
me know if you'll be presenting to students or
teachers.  Also describe what the students and/or
teachers would be doing in your workshop.

Also, please plan to bring students with you if
possible.  If you present, your registration will be
waived.  Otherwise, registration is $25 for teachers
and $15 for students.  This one will be first-come,
first-served.

Hope to hear from you soon.

I will be gone to a conference in Philadelphia with
Priscilla from Wednesday to Sunday, so if you don't
hear back from me right away, that will be why.

Janis