OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Jun 2005 19:48:05 -0700
O W P   W R I T I N G   M A R A T H O N   J U N E   1
4

        You’ve always said you were going to catch the
Heartland Flyer one day and ride it to Gainesville or
Fort Worth, just for fun.

        You’ve always said you were going to try the writing
marathon with old friends from OWP one of these times.

         June 14 is the day you can do both--live the life of
tourist and writer.

        2005 OWP Summer Institute Class will be taking off
from the train station in Norman, journals in hand, at
8:49 a.m. that Tuesday morning.  They look forward to
having as many TCs as possible join them for their
writing marathon.  You can also buy a round-trip
ticket from Oklahoma City or Purcell and meet up on
the train.

        Writing and sharing will begin on the train.  In
Gainesville we will debark to search for places to
write and share and eat and shop and write and share
and shop and eat until time to catch the train back to
Norman.

        Amtrak often runs fare specials and promotions which
include the Heartland Flyer.  You can expect to pay
between $40 and $50 for a round-trip ticket.  See if
they offer you a group rate for traveling with OWP.
For the most current fare, you can contact Amtrak at
either one of the following: www.amtrak.com or
1-800-USA-RAIL.  You should try to make reservations
by June 11.

To find out more about the train schedule, you can
visit
http://heartlandflyer.com/schedulesandfares.htm

Please let Karin Perry, Co-Director of the Summer
Institute, know you’re coming.  You can e-mail her at
inkdrinker @juno.com.