OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Oct 2005 14:34:21 -0700
Friday, October 28, is the deadline for registration
for the November 11 "Write To Win" conference for
students and teachers.  Cost is $25 for teachers and
$15 for students.  Registration forms are available on
the OWP website at www.ou.edu/special/owp

We still need workshops for secondary students
focusing on pre-writing and drafting ideas for essay,
short story, descriptive paragraph, and personal
narrative.  If you present, your registration fee is
waived, and you make $100 for a 75-minute
presentation.

If you'd like to present, please e-mail me a proposal
with a title and a short description of what students
will be doing and learning in your workshop.

I have been told that Norman students will be out that
day for parent conference day.  Unfortuately I found
that out too late; November 11 was the only day
available at the MNTC.

Norman teachers, if you can talk your principal into
it, it would still be nice to have you present.  Even
if you can't come, we will still allow 5 of your
students to attend (OWP teacher consultants only) if
their parents will bring them and pick them up.
Please send only students you trust to behave in your
absence.

I hope to see many of you at the conference November
11.  Let me know if you have any questions.

Janis

Janis Cramer
Co-Director of Inservice
Oklahoma Writing Project