OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Feb 2006 08:05:39 -0800
Look out, everyone!  My cousin mailed this to me.
Just wanted you to know what happened if someone
yells, "Bull---!" during one of your presentations.

INSERVICE ACTIVITIES FOR ALL MY TEACHER FRIENDS:

Do you keep falling asleep in school in-service
meetings? Here's a way to change all of that.

1. Before (or during) your next meeting, prepare
yourself by drawing a square. (I find that 5" x 5" is
a good size.)

2. Divide the card into columns - five across and five
down. That will give you 25 one-inch blocks.

3. Write one of the following words/phrases in each
block:
* modifications
* TAKS
* core classes
* bottom line
* revisit
* to tell you the truth (or "the truth is")
* 24/7
* out of the loop
* benchmark
* pro-active
* win-win
* think outside the box
* result-driven
* empower (or empowerment)
* knowledge based
* at the end of the day
* mind-set
* student focus(ed)
* game plan

4. Check off the appropriate block when you hear one
of those words/phrases.

5. When you get five blocks horizontally, vertically,
or diagonally, stand up and shout "BULLSHIT!"

Testimonials from satisfied "Bullshit Bingo" players:
"I had been in the meeting for only five minutes when
I won." - Adam, > El Paso

"My attention span at meetings has improved
dramatically." - David,  Austin

"What a gas! Meetings will never be the same for me
after my first win." - Dan, Floydada

"The atmosphere was tense in the last process meeting
as 14 of us waited for the fifth box." - Ben,
Childress

"The speaker was stunned as eight of us screamed
'BULLSHIT!' for >> the third time in two hours." -
Paul, San Angelo

"When I won and yelled "BULLSHIT!" the woman sleeping
next to me >> slid off her chair!" - Joseph, The
Woodlands "It was so easy to be a winner. I love the
looks of  sheer envy get from the people in the
audience when I win!!!" -Brian, Amarillo

At our next meeting I expect to see 94 bingo cards.