OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 12:49:44 -0800
Dear OWP Teacher Consultants:

We have many exciting activities planned and deadlines
set for the upcoming couple of months.  Please visit
our website to download fliers about each of the
following:

There will be a Showcase for Administrators and Brunch
February 28 at the Oklahoma Memorial Union on the
campus of OU.  No charge.  We would like to invite at
least three representatives from schools and/or
districts, especially superintendents, principals,
staff development coordinators, etc.  Teachers are
also welcome, especially if they have an interest in
applying for the 2006 Summer Invitational Institute.

Invitation and Application to the 2006 OWP
Invitational Summer Institute.  Kathy Woods, Norman
North High School, and Karin Perry, Whittier Junior
High, Norman, will serve as co-directors this summer.
Please print the invitation and application and give a
copy to the best teacher you know.  Deadline is March
20.  In addition, please note that this year OWP is
offering housing scholarships to 4 fellows living
farther than 40 miles away from the university.

If you are interested in serving as a writing group
coach or demonstration team leader during the summer's
institute, please notify Karin or Kathy.

OWP is offering a Rural Outreach Conference
Presidents' Day February 20 at East Central State in
Ada. Teresa Rothrock is coordinating the conference.
Although our objective is to deliver training to
teachers in rural areas, the subject matter is
relevant no matter where you teach.  If you're
interested in coming and bringing teachers with you,
please register right away.

March 29 is the Spring Celebration of Writing for
Students and Teachers at Moore Norman Career Tech.
You can find out details and download the registration
form on our website.  We still need presenters for
that workshop, especially for the student sessions.
If you'd like to present, please let me know by
replying to this e-mail.  I'll need the title of the
workshop, the intended audience, and a program
description.  Your registration fee will be waived and
you will receive $100 if you present a 75-minute
workshop.  We hope you will bring students with you,
too.

Winners of the 2006 OWP Writing Contest for Students
and Teachers will be announced soon.  The anthology
will be posted on the website by the end of March.

Click this link to find download information about
these and other upcoming OWP events:

http://www.ou.edu/special/owp/

Janis