OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 12:52:31 -0400
It was indeed a wonderful conference and I am so glad I joined in.
Just to hear Momaday's voice reading those inspiring words about the
area in SW Oklahoma where I live was a great reward to me. I have  seen
him several times before and he is so sincere. Older now, he is  a
national treasure.

The teachers attending my sessions were wonderful and said they had new
ideas for their classes which thrilled me. The kids were the best!
  It was so good to see you younger OWP consultants carrying on the
banner with love of literacy and enthusiasm for the work we do. It is
harder to get the presentation ready when you are not in the classroom
but it was well worth it. Of course, I never do quite the same thing
twice so I have to change up everything. My suitcase is packed with
hand outs and Oklahoma artifacts for the centennial. I've got the gps
on the pony out front and I'm ready to do it again.
Lillian K. Johnson  OWP'81

http://mail.aol.com