OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Oct 2004 13:47:19 -0700
Dear TCs

Most of you will be in class Monday, but for those of
you who are retired or can get away from class, there
will be a rally in the parking lot of the OEA building
for Brad Carson, Democrat for the US Senate, Monday at
2 p.m.  The OEA building is northwest of the State
Capitol complex, so the capitol dome will be in the
background of the camera shots.
Carolyn Crowder, former OEA president, wanted me to
pass the word to as many teachers as possible.

Normally, I wouldn't send you a political message,
(Republicans, forgive me), but I do think you should
know that Carson is the ONLY one of our senators or
representatives who voted for NWP funding in 2003.
(Even he didn't in 2004.)  The NEA Executive committee
and the NWP both back his candidacy.

Both he and Tom Coburn will be on Meet the Press
Sunday morning.  This race has gained national
attention because the winner could determine the
majority in the Senate.

Anyway, I am passing the word along for those
interested. Jerry and I will be there.

Janis