OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Teresa Rothrock <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Teresa Rothrock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Feb 2006 15:15:11 -0600
Good News!  Good News!  Good News!

I have three exciting announcements to make.  Please print and share these flyers with your schools and colleagues, too.

1.  The Oklahoma Writing Project is offering the 1st Annual Rural Outreach Conference to be held at East Central University on February 20, 2006.  It is by writing teachers for writing teachers.  All current teachers and future teachers--rural or urban, secondary or elementary, English or any other discipline--are invited to register.  See the attached flyer (Word document) for details.  You will register by email with Janis Cramer ([log in to unmask]), but if you have any questions, please contact me ([log in to unmask] or 580-310-5439).  You are guaranteed to walk away with good ideas immediately useful in the classroom.

2.  The 2nd Annual R. Darryl Fisher Creative Writing Contest for Oklahoma high school students (9th - 12th) has extended its deadline to Tuesday, February 28, 2006.  With the centennial quickly approaching, please help us find, nurture, and celebrate budding Oklahoma talent.  For information, see the attached flyer and contact Dr. Alvin Turner ([log in to unmask])..

3.  The Oklahoma Council of Teachers of English is having a membership drive, a call for proposals, and a Spring Conference (April 5, 2006).  We need you!  Our local affiliate is only as good as its membership, and there is still too much goodness out there not on our membership roster.   For more information, see the two attached flyers, visit our web site (http://web1.ecok.edu/OCTE/home.htm), or contact one of the officers.  We'd love to have you on board!

I'm so excited about all this new energy in our profession and in our region that I want to share it with you!  Please let me know if there's anything I can do to help you with any of these projects.

Hope to see you on Feb. 20!

Teresa Rothrock
Dept. of English and Languages
East Central University