OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

Date:
Thu, 11 Aug 2011 07:47:20 -0400
Congrats Vivian!  What a well deserved honor.  :-)

Kim Schooler

---- Audra Plummer <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Today, Oklahoma Writing Project honored Vivian Nida as the the second recipient of the Martha and Frances Award.
Given to a OWP Teacher Consultant who has contributed to the continual growth of OWP.

2011 Martha
and Frances Award Honoree
Vivian Nida

Vivian
has been actively involved in OWP since she first attended the summer institute
in 1987.  When she was teaching, her
students were always winners in both the OWP writing contest and the OCTE state
writing contest.  She has presented her
workshop combining art and poetry to several summer institute classes.  Her workshop on poetry and art has been one
of the favorites at every OWP student conference at Oklahoma City
University.  Vivian has driven all over
Oklahoma to present workshops on the writing process to school districts of all
sizes, has helped plan many continuity activities over the past years for TCs,
has been added her ideas at numerous leadership meetings in the past.  As one of our most active volunteers and
workers since her first involvement in OWP, Vivian deserves this honor.

Congratulations!

________________________________

Audra Plummer  M. Ed.
National Board Certified Teacher