OWP Archives

Oklahoma Writing Project

OWP@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janis Cramer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Sep 2005 12:06:56 -0700
Hello, everyone--

Just wanted to let you know that the annual fall
"Write To Win"  workshop for students and teachers is
scheduled for all day Friday, November 11, at
Moore-Norman Career Tech.
I'm attaching the flyer and registration form to this
e-mail.
I hope you can come and bring five students with you.
We are limited to 180 participants because of the size
of the break-out rooms, so it will be first-come,
first-served.

I'm also inviting you to send proposals if you'd like
to present.  You may present either to students or
teachers.  You will receive $100 for presenting, and
your registration fee of $25 will be waived.

I need to know these things:
Title of presentation
Program description (50-75 words)
Intended audience (elem, MS, HS, or teacher)
Whether you will be bringing students with you

These fall workshops for students should focus on
"Writing To Win."  In other words, your objective
should be to get students started with a piece they
can enter in this year's writing contest--essay, short
short story, personal narrative, descriptive
paragraph, or poetry.  Sessions will be 75 minutes.  I
suggest you try an activity that worked well with
students in your own class.

I'm also attaching the information about the 2006
writing contest.  FYI, the 2006 writing contest is
already posted on our website:
http://www.ou.edu/special/owp/

I hope you'll enter your students' and your own
writing in this year's contest, even if you aren't
able to attend the writing workshop.  Let me know if
you have questions.  Thank you!

Janis