PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Deborah Chester <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Open discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:09:54 -0500
Greetings, fellow writers --
My earlier message about the book drive wouldn't send this afternoon, so I'm trying again.  If you by some miracle received the first one, please excuse this duplication.

The book drive is off to a good start.  Donations are already coming in.  There's a drop box in the library in Gaylord Hall, 2nd floor, also another one outside my office, Rm 3510D, 3rd floor Gaylord Hall.  If anyone else has a box, please let people know.  We need to make sure that we empty the boxes regularly to keep students from mistakenly helping themselves.  My office can stockpile the collections, and perhaps Cat Bark will be willing to hold books securely for us as well.

Thanks to those of you already surrendering books from your shelves!  Keep in mind that a semi-empty shelf means room for new acquisitions.

I've passed the word among journalism faculty, asking them to notify their students about donating books, but we really need to get the word out around the college.  If anyone has ideas or wants to tackle this, please go for it.

Again, thanks for the books coming in.

Deborah

Deborah Chester
Professor
Professional Writing
Gaylord College of Journalism & Mass Communication
University of Oklahoma
Norman, OK  73019-2051
Ph: (405) 325-4192