PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
canadianokie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 May 2007 08:52:35 -0500
Lauren (et. al.),

I agree wholeheartedly with your statements.   I think that taking
the time to have PW students send something off for publication would
be wonderful.  I also think a class in grant writing would be a good
idea.  We have to make money somehow while we're writing the Great
American Novel.

Internships.  Wow.  My eyes go all dreamy at the thought of them.  I
think, in general, dissemination of information within the PW program
could use a boost.

Speaking of which, I've recently become acquainted with gather.com.
If you are a member of the Borders books link (is that what it's
called?  I'm new at this...)  you will learn about contests and other
fun things for writers.  Recently, there was a short story contest
and a First Three Chapters contest (which happens over and over again).

Anyway, there's a little writing tidbit for ya.

--Jocelyn