PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

Open discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 01:07:14 -0400
I'd think so.  As it were, there were seven of us there until around 9ish or so.  I ended up running into even more writing people after they all left, so I was there until around 930 or so.  It was pretty dang fun, and we did set up a couple of ideas in order to try to make this group more productive than previous years.
We discussed plans of starting small writing groups, perhaps 4-5 people for each group.  These groups could meet, say, once a week or so to discuss and critique each other's work.  Of course, it'd be up to everyone else to decide if they'd like to start something like that.  I'm all for it, personally.  It's just a matter of logistics and getting that all together.  And then we could have the larger meeting of all the people as a whole just once a month, or more, depending again on what people would like to do.  We decided on the 20th of October, because among the people that were there, that seemed to be the most viable date.  Again, this is on a Thursday, but hopefully with this much notice in advance, it will be easier for more people to work this into their schedule.
And I guess that's all I really have to say for now.
Matt

P.S. to Rick:  Since you spoke with Barnes and Noble already, do I still need to go there to let them know about the Weds drop off of books, or did you already mention that to them?