PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
canadianokie <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2006 19:59:57 -0600
Hi everybody!

I'll break the silence on this board.

I'm taking the Short Story class and I'm stuck for an ending.  Or at
least my daughter tells me my ending "sucks" so I'm needing some help
to revamp.

I'm writing a story about a home invasion.  The villain comes to the
door--he is expected b/c he works with the husband.  The son and wife
are home, they get tied up, yadda, yadda, dad comes home and gets
popped on the noggin' and tied up, yadda, yadda.  The son is tied and
left at home to be dealt with later when the villain comes back for
anything he wants to steal.  Meanwhile the parents are carted off to
be killed.  They attempt to escape and fail, but try again and
succeed.  The bad guys go to jail and the family moves away.*  They
are so traumatized by what has happened that they don't want any ID
trails, so they don't have a bank account, they only use Virgin
phones, etc.  The villain gets out of jail and finds them.  How?
Well, it seems that the son is in cahoots with the villain all
along.  The Dad made a fortune in business and the villain and the
son want to kill mom and dad and get their money.

How do I end that?  Be brutal about the story line, too.

OK, fellow writers, let me hear from you!

Thanks,

Jocelyn

*Actually, this actually happened to a friend of mine.  Scary, huh?