PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

Open discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Sep 2005 21:42:45 -0400
Another old hanger-on, like Mary, my name's Matt Buell.  I graduated in 2004 with Professional Writing, and have pretty much kept it fairly unprofessional since then for the time being, writing mainly fantasy and sci-fi short stories, with several contemporary works slowly on their way to completion.  I'm working back and forth between two novels, one fantasy that Chester helped me with during my school daze, and a science fiction novel that I'm cowriting with another friend (we're both tackling different POVs in it, basically).

I still live just down the street from OU, which isn't so good for me getting to work at Farmers Insurance in the city, but since all of my other roomies are still going to OU, it saves them quite a trip.  I enjoy reading pretty much anything, and have lately been reading alot of older fantasy novels, primarily from the 70's and 80's.

I maintain a webpage where I basically list my latest rant and older stories that I've worked on.  Anyone interested in that can just send a buzz to my email.  And if anyone would like to try to arrange a Borders/Barnes and Noble night, I'm free pretty much any time in the evenings.

I have plenty of books that I'd like to drop off at some point, both entertaining and semi-educational types.  Just let me know where and when to drop them off at.

Nice to see new and old faces, and good luck on the writing, folks!

Matt