PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Matthew Buell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
PWA Inside Talk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Dec 2005 03:27:56 -0500
I would definitely have to agree with Chester, as I've lurked around quite a few writing boards where there's guys who have self-published themselves...either thru e-books, or they try distributing the books themselves.  Since mostly they were distributing the books to people who thought they were writing gods anyways, they kept wasting money and published more work just to give to their friends so they could get, what in my opinion, was ego-boosting, consisting mainly of, "Wow!" and "I wish I could write as good as you!" (well...write as WELL...sigh)
And they never improved, because they already thought they were the best because of all the ego-boosting feedback they were getting.
I guess the short part of it is, get it professionally published and distributed...at least that's what I gather professional writing is supposed to be, since, you know, it's professional writing ;)

-Matt