PWA-L Archives

PWA Inside Talk

pwa-l@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Vicky Woodward <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Open discussions on the writer's craft <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 14:24:13 -0500
Champagne generically is neither patented nor trademarked.  Champagne is
merely the name for a sparkling wine produced from grapes grown in the
Champagne province of France.  For an excellent and accurate primer on the
subject, refer to Rob Lowe's character in Wayne's World as he describes the
difference to Wayne and Garth.  If something is either trademarked or
patented, someone or something owns it.  Now, of course, you can patent or
trademark a particular process or formula for champagne, but that's
something different altogether.