SCCMLA Archives

Distribution list for SCC/MLA members

sccmla@SPEEDY.OUHSC.EDU

From:
"Steven E. Self" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Distribution list for SCC/MLA members <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Sep 2010 11:22:30 -0500
  Still haven't registered for the 2010 SCC Annual Meeting in Austin?
Early Bird registration pricing lasts only 9 more days! Visit the
registration site for details:
http://www.regonline.com/register/checkin.aspx?EventId=837320

Our theme this year is Keep SCC Weird: Capitalizing on Our Unique
Abilities and is scheduled in Austin from Saturday, October 16th,
through Wednesday, October 20th.  Details about the hotel, meeting
schedule, special events, speakers and more can be found at the meeting
page:
http://irtstaff.austincc.edu/peloquin/scc-austin/

Only 37 more days until the meeting, so register and make your travel
plans ASAP! We're looking forward to seeing everyone in Austin. Of
course we want you to take advantage of the CE opportunities, papers,
round tables, tech expos, posters, speakers and social events. But while
you're in Austin, you can, among other things...

    * Find out why everyone wants to keep Austin weird.
    * Eat or listen to music at famous Austin hang outs like Stubb's
      Barbeque, Emo's, The Continental Club, or The Broken Spoke
    * Check out the home cooking and the musical memorabilia at
      Threadgill's Armadillo World Headquarters
    * Wander the UT Austin drag on Guadalupe Street, or hang out on 6th
      St, or funky South Congress
    * Visit the Texas State Capitol and the Bob Bullock Texas State
      History Museum
    * Check out the Texas Book Festival, October 16-17

(Thanks, Rajia, for a great list!)