SSEC-L Archives

Students for Social and Economic Change

SSEC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Joshua Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joshua Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 02:22:53 +0000
Dear Undercurrent folks (especially Mr. Webb):

To my suprise, I picked up a copy of theUndercurrent on the campus of USAO
here in Chickasha today.  This is well and good except for one detail.  ALL
USAO EDITORS WERE EFFECTIVELY REMOVED FROM theUNDERCURRENT STAFF without
notice.  After a brief weekly meeting with officers of our Executive Board,
I was charged with the responsibility to relay this message to
theUndercurrent staff; particularly Eric Webb.

"Due to the complete disregard for the democratic decision making process
that took place at a joint meeting last Spring at which it was decided that
theUndercurrent would include representatives elected from other campuses as
editors for theUndercurrent so that we might expand theUndercurrent
readership beyond OU to all 'Central Oklahoma Colleges', activists and
representatives from the USAO Student Coalition, Young Communist League,
Progressive Unity, the Volunteers, Campus Greens and others have resolved to
eject theUndercurrent from the USAO campus."

TheUndercurrent coup led by Eric Webb supported by a selection of other OU
editors, was a devious and megalomaniacal maneuver that has served only to
further the rift between our organizations and effectively paralyze further
progressive student initiatives. Thus, delivering theUndercurrent to USAO
only adds insult to injury and has not been well recieved.  Therefore, we
strongly urge the Editorial Staff and/or others involved in the decision to
deliver theUndercurrent to USAO as well as those who made the physical
delivery to cease immediately.  In the face of lies, misleadings and other
spineless efforts by theUndercurrent's Managing Editor, we have responded by
ignoring you.  Please do not insist that we redirect our attention to you
attention again.

Sincerely,
Joshua Thomason