SSEC-L Archives

Students for Social and Economic Change

SSEC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Jared Melkisetian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jared Melkisetian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 13:00:55 -0600
----- Forwarded message from Jared Melkisetian <[log in to unmask]> -----
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 12:41:25 -0600
From: Jared Melkisetian <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: community dinner at the Islamic Society of Norman
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear folks,

I just wanted to let you know (in case you forgot or did not get my earlier
emails) that all of you are invited to the Islamic Society of Norman's
community dinners that they hold in the evenings about 5:30.  This month is, as
you may know, the month of Ramadan in the Islamic calendar, which is a time of
fasting, prayer, and a time to think of those less fortunate.  Muslims begin
the fast in the morning and break it in the evening around the time of sunset.
All of you are welcome to come to eat with us.  You do not have to necessarily
fast, and you do not have to be a Muslim.  I am not a Muslim myself, but I have
been going and learning about Islam and what it really is.  No one will try to
convert you, but it is a good chance to learn about what Islam is and what it
is not.  The meal is free, and you don't have to stay any longer than you want
to.

The Islamic Society of Norman is across from the Duck Pond.  If you have any
questions or anything, just let me know.  Groups are welcome to come, but just
let me know in advance if it's going to be more than 5 or so.  Otherwise, you
can just show up.

Ramadan lasts until the middle of December or so.

Yours,

Jared

----- End forwarded message -----