SSEC-L Archives

Students for Social and Economic Change

SSEC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Jared Melkisetian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jared Melkisetian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 14:18:04 -0600
----- Forwarded message from Mohammad Ramahi <[log in to unmask]> -----
Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 18:55:04 -0600
From: Mohammad Ramahi <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: RE: Solidarity Fasting for Ramadan
To: 'Jared Melkisetian' <[log in to unmask]>,[log in to unmask]

Hi Guys,

I really feel happy to hear that some of you are interested in fasting
one day with Muslims during Ramadan, We  are in the MSA (Muslim Students
Association) and ISN (Islamic Society of Norman) appreciating this idea,
and INVITING you to come to our Mosque to have iftar (breaking the fast)
with us.

This Saturday (Nov 17) we are going to have a big iftar in the mosque.
For those who are interested in fasting this Saturday, Muslims fast from
sunrise (~5:38 AM) to sunset (~5:30 PM). For those who like to
participate with this iftar, regardless if you are fasting or not,
please let us gather at the Cross Roads in the Memorial Union at 5:00
PM, then we will move to the mosque together. If you missed the
gathering, you are welcome to catch up with us in the mosque at this
address (Masjid An Nur, 420 East Lindsey, in front of the duck pond).

All of you are invited to have iftar with the Muslims in the mosque at
any day during Ramadan, and fasting is not necessary. If the SAN wants
to arrange for certain day during Ramadan to fast with the Muslims, you
are all welcome and we will share the iftar with you again at that day.

God bless all of you for your initiative, and we (MSA and ISN) hope to
see you all in our mosque during and after Ramadan.

Mohammad Ramahi
Aerospace & Mechanical Engineering Department
The University of Oklahoma - Norman