SSEC-L Archives

Students for Social and Economic Change

SSEC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Karen Weldin <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karen Weldin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 16:46:49 -0500
I think someone has already reminded this group about the video Soulforce In
Oklahoma will be showing next Saturday at 2 pm at the Warr Acres Library.
we have known for sometime that Fred Phelps would be picketing at the OU
game.  We made the decision that he should be ignored and instead have
planned to show a sneak preview of Soulforce Inc.'s new video "The Verdict
Is In."  You can read more about it on our website at
www.SoulforceInOklahoma.org.  I hope you will decide to come and see the
video.

Karen Weldin
Soulforce In Oklahoma

<[log in to unmask]>; <[log in to unmask]>;
<[log in to unmask]>; <[log in to unmask]>;
<[log in to unmask]>; <[log in to unmask]>;
<[log in to unmask]>; <[log in to unmask]>; <[log in to unmask]>;
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2002 10:13 AM
Subject: Important: Fag-Hating Fred Phelps is Coming to Norman

> Dear Friends, Colleagues, Professors, Fellow Students, and Complete
> Strangers,
>
> We here in good 'ole Norman, OK have quite a treat in store for us next
> weekend. Mr. "God Hates Fags" himself, Pastor Fred Phelps is coming to OU
> next Saturday, Sept. 7, to protest President Boren and the University for
> its policy on Hate Speech. The link to the Press Release is here:

http://www.godhatesfags.com/fliers/jun2002/University_Of_Oklahoma_6-26-2002.
pdf