SSEC-L Archives

Students for Social and Economic Change

SSEC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Joshua Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joshua Thomason <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Nov 2001 09:09:49 +0000
To those of you who continue to defend the decisions made to exclude other
editors through the deliberate failure to contact us and attempting to
change e-mail and website security passwords without informing other
editors, I thought my last message was quite clear.  However, a few still
don't seem to understand the severity of the situation so  I will repeat
myself in terms that can in no way be confused or mistaken so that everyone
understands our position on illegitimate management of theUndercurrent.

1.Our Secretary of Organizational Publications exclusivly holds all
copyrights to the heading, graphics and, yes, now the title
"theUndercurrent."  If we continue to feel that the current Managerial staff
of theUndercurrent is apllying these elements in a manner inconsistent with
the mission of our organization, then we will have no alternative than to
take the next appropriate measures.

2.If another single Undercurrent appears at USAO, we will hold Eric Webb, as
Managing Editor, solely responsible and take these matters up with him
personally.

We here at USAO view this communication as our third and final attempt to
reasonably reconcile this situation and rely, in good faith, on
theUndercurrent Management, not to try our patience again.  I had hoped it
would not be necessary to be quite so crude, but our subtle encouragement
has obviously not been adequately interpretted.  For those of us who do
maintain a very serious commitment to consequential social change, and do
take such matters exteremly seriously.

Let me assure you all for the last time, that it is in the best interests of
everyone concerned with the future of progressive campus activism in this
state so not to set such a divisive precident, and, furthermore, to
encourage the current Management of theUndercurrent to submit all assurances
that not one Undercurrent will again find its way to USAO.  I believe this
is the only alternative to dissolving the paper completely under the title,
theUndercurrent.

Joshua