SSEC-L Archives

Students for Social and Economic Change

SSEC-L@LISTS.OU.EDU

From:
Chris Boyce <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Chris Boyce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Nov 2001 20:39:44 -0000

I have an idea
number one: if we counter protest people will associate us with the crazy conservatives from last time, also, we risk being seen as patriotic
number two: we need to get across the idea that we are patriots, and thats why we think america sucks so hard right now. that we support our troops, but not the war, that we belive in our country, but _also_ in its fallibility...
THEREFORE: we should make our own signs and join the rally, support our troops but not the war, support america, but not american arrogence. if they denounce us, it looks bad for them and encourages open debate. if they don't, then we are seen as an accepted patriots and americans, and therefore are given much more credibility without compromising our message in the least