Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 18:24:57 -0400 (EDT)
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Saturday Demo: "Honk for Gay Boy Scouts" OKCity
To: undisclosed-recipients: ;

    "We urge the Boy Scouts of America to
    amend their policy and to become inclusive
    and accepting of gay scouts and scout leaders."

    A PUBLIC DEMONSTRATION WITH A POSITIVE MESSAGE
    Noon to 1:00 p.m.
    NW 63rd & May Avenue, in Oklahoma City

    We have a permit allowing us to stand on the
    four corners of the intersection, holding signs
    up to the passing cars.  There will be some large
    signs which you are invited to help hold - and you
    can bring your own.
        Remember that signs must be large enough to
    read easily from a moving car.

    FRIDAY'S NEWS CONFERENCE
    Channels 4, 5, 9, and 13 were there and
    KTOK radio as well.  Friends have reported
    seeing reports on Channel 9 as early as noon,
    and KTOK radio news as early as 11:30 Friday morning.

    We proceeded to Last Frontier Boy Scout Council H.Q.
    west of May on NW 64th Street to present letters of
    support for gay scouts, and were received cordially by
    management there. (Channel 9 and 13 followed to film
    the presentation, and to seek comments from BSA reps.)

    See you Saturday
    (This announcement follows Wednesday's announcement
      about the Saturday vigil as well.)