Josh, this email is both rude and hate-filled, two things you supposedly despise.  Just because many people disagreee with you (including myself) is no reason to make cheap shots and nasty accusations at us.  First of all, none of us can be considered reactionary, secondly, I hardly think that believing in our right protect our country from terrorist attacks makes us war mongers.  Furthermore, I know damned well what the situtation in Afghanistan is, and what our invovlement in that situtation is, so your suggestion that I am somehow ignorant or jumping to conclusions is extremely nasty, and very insulting.  Furthermore, Osama Bin Laden was never our ally, rather he was one of many people we trained and equipped to help the Afghani people fight off the Soviet invasion.  I have no doubt that if our government knew what traininng him would bring about, that they never would have done that, but then, hindsight is always twenty-twenty isn't it.  Also I have absolutely no doubt that the Taliban is evil.  They are brutal dictators who have raped the Afghani people in their insatiable quest for power.  They have ruthlessly supressed all ethnic and religious minorities, even to the point of forcing them to wear yellow stars (where have we seeen this type of behavior before?)  and rounding up entire villages of people and shooting them (sound familiar?)  I'd also like to remind poeple that the last time the US and many other Western European countries adopted a plicy of apeasement or lets wait and see, I hope that all the bad poeple will eventaully just stop, was when Hitler invaded the Rhineland.  We all know where that got us.  Finally, I don't see how any of this has to do with us losing our civil rights.  What civil right are you even talking about?  You certainly don't seem to be very  tolerant of anyone else's beliefs but your own.  Not a single civil right has been suspended or violated, personally, I'm very tired of this paraniod assumption that just because the government doesn't do excatly what you think it should do your civil rights are bieing violated.  You do not have the right to completely control the goverment, especially since this is a democracy, which means that other people's opinions count too.  And in case you haven't figured it out, the vast majority of other people don't support you.
-Alexis