Hello SSEC and the Undercurrent,
    For the last three weeks, I have been working with the Undercurrent Advisor, Clemencia Rodriguez, in an effort to set up a mediation session between our two organizations to work out the use of the office and other things. I have been in regular contact with Chris Boyce since the beginning of November about his concerns. He seemed positive about third party mediation last time I spoke with him. Clemencia and I both regret the divisions we're having here at OU on the progressive side. We hope this process of mediation will help rebuild the ties among us. Anyone with concerns about the Undercurrent or our relationship with other organizations on campus is welcome to attend the mediation sessions.
   Our certified mediator is David Carnevale of the Human Relations Dept. He envisions two group mediation sessions 2-3hours in length, one Monday, one Friday and two caucus sessions, one with each group. He and Clemencia are available between 9:30 and 6 pm on both Monday and Friday. Last I heard 1pm works for both Chris and I (I am missing class)and several other people with the Undercurrent so Clemencia has scheduled the Monday and Friday mediation sessions for 1-4pm. If you have solid conflicts with this time slot and would like to be present for the mediation sessions, please contact me or her ASAP and we'll see what we can do about alternative times. Other options would be to stop by for a short time to express your concerns or send your concerns with someone you trust that is going.
   The group mediation sessions are meant to get issues aired between the groups. Monday will be the an introduction of issues and Friday will hopefully bring some closure. The caucus sessions will happen between Mon and Fri with each individual group so that things forgotten or left out in the group session can be brought up with Clemencia and Prof. Carnevale. The Undercurrent will meet with them at 8pm on Tuesday, 11/27 (before our regular meeting). Clemencia has expressed interest in meeting with SSEC on Thursday in the evening.

Mediation info as of 11/19
1st Group Mediation Session
Monday, 11/26 1-4pm
Burton Hall 204C

Undercurrent Caucus
Tuesday, 11/27 8pm
Undercurrent/SSEC office-OMU, Conoco Wing Rm 384

SSEC Caucus
TBA

2nd Group Mediation Session
Friday, 11/30 1-4pm
Burton Hall 204C

Please feel free to contact me ([log in to unmask], 413-0162), Chris Boyce ([log in to unmask], 325-2483), or Clemencia Rodriguez ([log in to unmask], 325-1570) with questions and concerns.
Thank you.
ciao-
Marcy.