From: Eckmann, John C.
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2002 9:19 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: TimeLogger

We're interested in tracking patient contact hours.  Specifically, the
General Clinical Research Center (GCRC) facilitates clinical research by
providing investigators with necessary resources such as - lab,
technology, personnel, etc.  Because GCRC's are NIH funded we must
report our activities to NIH each year.  The NIH will competitively
renew our grant provided we demonstrate to them sufficient need for a
GCRC on the OUHSC campus.  In effect, the GCRC's long-term survival is
dependant on active clinical research with patient contact hours and
publications of course.

I'm currently using TimeLogger in a "beta" effort.  There are a couple
of nurses at the GCRC who have tracked their time to protocols, patient
contact, and other related research activities with the TimeLogger
software using HandEra PDA's.  The TimeLogger software has an intuitive
interface and even allows for billing a person's time.   Although we're
not interested in the billing aspect it could prove useful in
demonstrating 'resources commited' to a protocol.  The Timelogger
software syncs to MS Access and other readily available DBMS's.

I'd be most interested in learning of other's efforts to track
project/user time.

John Eckmann
Informatics Core
General Clinical Research Center