I wanted to thank the Minorities and Communication (MAC) Division, as a contributor to the Lionel Barrow Minority Doctoral Scholarship, for its continued support of my dissertation work.

This week, I SUCCESSFULLY defended my dissertation, "Uncovering Factors in Urban High School Students'  Media Career Considerations: A Media Career Interest Model."

I hope the findings from my study will make a great contribution to what we know about students and their interests in becoming tomorrow's filmmakers, journalists, web designers, etc.   One-third of my respondents were students from racial minority groups.  Therefore, I think the research will be especially interesting to those in the MAC Division.

Thanks for investing in me and the future of our field.

George L. Daniels
2001 Barrow Scholarship Recipient

P.S.  My apologies for any double-postings of this message (i.e. the CT&M listserv)