While we're passing FYIs around, here's one from Dr. Davis...
(If you want, we could take up a collection at the next meeting, and send me down to Houston to take notes...)

"Mystery Writers Join with FBWG to Hear Sam Havens

    Instead of holding its usual Houston meeting in the Galleria area, the Mystery Writers of America, Southwest Chapter, is combining its March meeting with the all-day Fort Bend Writers Guild Workshop scheduled for Saturday, March 15, at the Holiday Inn-Southwest, located on the Southwest Freeway (I-59 South) at the intersection of Sam Houston Beltway (Route 8).
    The featured speaker will be Sam Havens, Chairman of the Drama Dept. at the University of St. Thomas and lecturer on playwriting, film/scriptwriting, dialogue, and writing in general at Rice University and other venues. Mr. Havens will present a seminar on "Creating the Perfect Scene: What it takes, character, motivation, goal, dilemma, and escalation or resolution."
The program will run from 9 a.m. until 4 p.m. Coffee and donuts at 8:30 a.m., and a full luncheon will be included at noon. Early registration is $45. After Feb. 22, registration goes to $55.
    Registration and questions should be directed to Roger Paulding, President of FBWG, at 281-498-5025, or e-mail him at <
[log in to unmask]>. Make checks payable to Fort Bend Writers Guild, and mail to Roger Paulding, 12523 Folkcrest Way, Stafford, TX, 77477-3529.
    There is a writing competition as part of the workshop. Information about the contest also should be directed to Mr. Paulding. The deadline is fast approaching.
    Mystery Writers of America and Fort Bend Writers Guild are nonprofit, professional associations composed of published novel and short story writers and others working toward getting published."

Scribite!
->
kg
--