Sorry, JJ's serves beer,and yes, smoking is allowed. Personally, I hate places that serve carrots of any type: raw, chopped, stewed, whatever. Monday is fine, except that I won't be coming. My 9 hours on campus is more than enough for me.
Melanie, I commend you for trying so hard. You sent the initial e-mail, and then we all responded. I'm starting to see why writing is such a personal, lonely job. Has anyone ever considered meeting on a Sunday afternoon? Or is a writer group just another chore that people like to get done with during the week, like classes and work?
Call me an ass, but I call em like I see em, and I really don't care if people don't like me for it.
John