This could be interesting for those of us in Asia or with an interest in these regions.  Although I have to say I do not know them well.

Clemencia Rodriguez

ASIAN MEDIA INFORMATION & COMMUNICATION CENTRE (AMIC)

We take great pleasure in inviting you to become a member of AMIC. The Asian Media Information & Communication Centre - AMIC is a non-profit, non-govermental organization dedicated to the development of all forms of communication in the Asia-Pacific region.

Our goal at AMIC is to help individuals and institutions involved in communications to stay abreast of the developments in this fast changing field. We serve as a major resource centre for communications within the region. AMIC also serves a clearing house of information and as a focal point for practitioners and scholars to exchange experiences and ideas. Internationally recognized, AMIC enjoys full consultative status with UNESCO.

AMIC coordinates regional research into the way communications and the media in Asia operate and affect individuals and nations. These findings are sdisseminated in several books and journals, which also serve as platforms for members' articles and research.

Membership includes professionals, academics and policy makers, both from the region and the rest of the world, representing global interest in the region.

As an AMIC member, you will enjoy:

Individual subscriptions is US$85 per year plus an enrolment fee of US$20. You can pay membership fees by providing us with your credit card number and expiry date or send us a bank draft made payable to AMIC Singapore.

As a welcome gesture, we will give you one complimentary copy of any one of the following AMIC publications: "Media & Human Rights in Asia", "Under Asian Eyes", "Media & Democracy in Asia". Please indicate your book choice when you send in your application.

We look forward to welcoming you as a member to AMIC. Please fill up the necessary details on the membership form enclosed and send it back to us at your earliest. Should you require further information, please do not hesitate to contact me at this email address: [log in to unmask]

Yours Sincerely

Sandhya Srinivasan (Ms.)
Marketing Executive