My name is Clay Dillow and I am a professional writing and political science student from Arlington, Texas. Magazine writing is my genre of choice and I would like to use this listserv to get in a touch with a few of you other writers out there, which brings me to the point of this message.

I am currently starting a new student magazine called Boyd Street Magazine with a couple of young businessmen here in Norman. The first issue was supposed to come out last week, but the printer keeps delaying us (we're in line behind the athletic department's programs). I am serving as the editor in chief of the magazine, which focuses on fashion, nightlife, entertainment and current events. We also accept, and need, freelance articles to fill our feature well. Anyone interested in being published on glossy magazine page is welcome to submit a manuscript or a query. We are looking for solid magazine features concerning the issues that affect students. They can be serious or humorous, but they need to be college-student oriented. For instance, this month I am looking for a writer to put together a piece on what students can do to improve their chances of getting a job when they are ushered out into this poor job market. Anyone interested may contact me. We may begin running some short fiction from time to time when we expand our content a bit more, but right now, we only have room in our 48 pages for magazine features. We do pay for good stories, although our budget is low right now so I can't promise anything spectacular. I can be contacted at [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask] (starting very soon) or through my cell phone at 817-925-7142. It's a good chance to be published and recognized around campus. I look forward to hearing from some of you.

Clay Dillow
Editor--Boyd Street Magazine