Date: Tue, 17 Feb 2004 19:08:08 -0600 (CST)
From: "Grettie Bondy" <[log in to unmask]>;
Subject: OUMM:  BOOK DRIVE II   February 18  March 26
To: "recipient list suppressed" <>;

TO:  All Faculty, Staff and Students

Members of The English Club and Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society are
holding a book drive to benefit the Norman Alcohol and Drug Treatment
Center in Norman, Oklahoma. The population served is low income and
generally not able to purchase books. Reading is a very rewarding past
time that will allow clients to seek new ways to enjoy life in recovery.
Please clean out your bookshelves and share the gift of reading with
these treatment men and women.

BOOK DRIVE II

ON-CAMPUS COLLECTION SITE: Gittinger Hall  – 760 Van Vleet Oval
(English Building, lobby area across from room 113)
OFF-CAMPUS COLLECTION SITE: Skelly Fine Books – Damann Plaza – 865
12th Avenue NE (near eastside Wal-Mart)

We can accept both new and used hardbacks and paperbacks in the
following categories:
Science Fiction
Westerns
Romance
Mysteries
Low Level Reading Books
Non Fiction (Autobiographies, Biographies, Self-Help, Inspirational, Music,
etc.)
Magazines
Textbooks

We CANNOT accept:
Pornography
Books depicting violence
Books glamorizing substance use

Grettie Bondy
Staff Sponsor
The English Club and
Sigma Tau Delta Honor Society

Last year you generously helped us collect books for Oklahoma prisoners
at the Lexington Correctional Faculty.  This year we will be helping people
in recovery in Norman.  The facility has a very small library (~ 200 books)
that needs to be enlarged significantly.  We can do it with your help.  To
paraphrase the American editor and author, Christopher Morley (1890-
1957), “When you give a man a book, you don’t give him 12 ounces of
paper and ink and glue – you give him a whole new life.”  Please help us
help others by donating your books. Thanks.

This mass email was been approved by OU’s Public Affairs office.