Message
hi everybody, Karen said there was a good discussion about the Orientation, with more still to talk about that, so we'll be carrying on about Orientation activities some on Thursday.

another thing we had planned to do, if people are interested, is to talk about online quizzes. here are some things we might want to cover with that:

-- the very specific details of the options Blackboard gives you for configuring a quiz
-- sneaky tricks for how you release the quiz to students
-- the incredible Wytheville Community College quiz generator
-- what kinds of question types and content are best covered with online quizzes?
-- creative uses for Blackboard quizzes
-- using Blackboard surveys
-- QUIA as a quiz and game activity alternative to Blackboard

I'll try to do up a handout about these items for Thursday which I'll send around. does anybody have questions/suggestions about related items that they would like to see addressed?

I would really like to learn more about what folks are doing with quizzes in their courses; I'm guessing this is something we probably all use in some form or another, which means we could probably learn a lot from each other's tricks!

Laura