hi everybody, I wanted to get this note out earlier this week, since
we've got something really cool scheduled for this week - Marielle is
going to be talking about CPR Calibrated Peer Review! here is the blurb
from their website:

http://cpr.molsci.ucla.edu/
Calibrated Peer Review (CPR)(tm) is a Web-based program that enables
frequent writing assignments even in large classes with limited
instructional resources. In fact, CPR can reduce the time an instructor
now spends reading and assessing student writing. CPR offers instructors
the choice of creating their own writing assignments or using the
rapidly expanding assignment library. Although CPR stems from a
science-based model, CPR has the exciting feature that it is discipline
independent and level independent. CPR funding has been generously
provided by the National Science Foundation and by the Howard Hughes
Medical Institute.

you can read about CPR at their website, and Marielle will be able to
fill us in on some actual experiences using this software here at OU.

some of you may know that she did a presentation about this for the CAS
Teaching Symposium back in January - so this is a great chance for
people (like me!) who missed it that time.

thank you for doing this, Marielle!

see you Thursday,

Laura