hi everybody, we just got a go-ahead (thank to Karen as always!) to start putting together support materials that we can share on the internet as a common resource for College online courses. it's pretty clear that students in our courses have some common needs, but so far online instructors have not had an easy way to share those materials with each other. yes, we've been reinventing that famous proverbial wheel for each of our separate classes...

so, for our meeting this Thursday I was thinking it would be great to brainstorm a WISHLIST of materials (we've talked about many possibilities in previous meetings: readiness assessment, writing skills, computer tutorials, research and study strategies, etc.).

also on Thursday we could try to PRIORITIZE that wishlist so that we can get the most important materials done over the summer in time for people to use in their online courses in the fall.

I know especially at this time of the semester it might be difficult for folks to find the time to come to a meeting in person, so I will definitely make sure to circulate a list of possible materials via this listserv so that people can voice their priorities even if they cannot attend the meeting.

meanwhile, I'll see some of you on Thursday I hope - we're in Ellison as usual, 3:30 on Thursday. thanks everybody!

Laura