Oh yea, I forgot about that part. Let me look at BeyondTV and see how they handle it. But if I remember right, it has the directTV programming as a download package.
-----Original Message-----
From: Todd Walker [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, April 14, 2004 10:52 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Non work related, but computer related

very cool Jerrod, I've got the Hauppauge but Dishnetwork instead of DirecTV - d'oh!

Brad what I do with good ol' dishnetwork is separately program the dish receiver to switch

to the right channel at the right time, run a direct cable from receiver (it has 2 sets of outputs)

to computer, and then separately set timer on computer app. Recently I got VNC going and

router table settings so that I can "channel" the PC from home to record something, but I can't

seem to get the telepathy thing going to control the Dish channels on the receiver...