Message
hello everybody, and THANK YOU SO MUCH to all the folks who came to our first summer meeting yesterday! it was so nice to get to meet new people!

since some folks are teaching during the summer and want to find out about the new Blogger before summer school begins, we'll do a hands-on Blogger workshop next Wednesday (11 am, our regular time) over in the SLIS COMPUTER LAB, which is in BIZZELL LIBERARY, Room 118A in the Library School (enter through the old Library building). I'll send around a handout and more information early next week.

in addition, some of the other topics for the summer that people suggested in the meeting or sent to me by email are as follows:

groups and groupwork, strategies for peer review and sharing
discussion boards and communication strategies online
community building activities, in first week of class and thru semester
looking at each other's courses, and reviewing course materials
demonstration of Kerry's content management system
plagiarism, plus internet searching and research
having someone from Bizzell Library come speak to us re: digital references
demonstrating valuable websites online, walking through websites
HANDS ON: web publishing for students

if you have other ideas/requests, please let me know!

meanwhile, any and all contributions to the draft of our Online Learning Resource Center would be most welcome!
http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/

there are some nuts-and-bolts instructions about blogging there now at the OLRC, and I'll add some pedagogical materials on how to use blogs before we meet next week:
http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/software/blogger/s_index.htm

to see a fellow faculty member who's blogging, Joshua Landis has just started a Syria blog! (after using a blog informally with his classes last semester)
http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/L/Joshua.M.Landis-1/syriablog/

thanks everybody!
Laura