Message
hello everybody, just to sing the praises of a very nice feature of blogging - there is a service called audblog.com which allows you to call a phone number, leave a message, and have that message posted automatically as an audio file at your blog (and you can add it to any webpage you want, yes, even inside Blackboard).
so, okay, the audio quality is not high - but it takes no time at all.
to show an example of that, I'm sending around a link to a file I just put up - after meeting with my Greek students tonight, I came home, and in 5 minutes I had the audio for our first lesson available to them online for practicing before our next meeting.

http://faculty-staff.ou.edu/G/Laura.K.Gibbs-1/greek/blog.html

audblog: not a bad deal for 25 cents!

you can find out more here:
http://casweb.ou.edu/olr/software/blogger/s_audblog.htm