Well, a new school year has begun, and things are looking quite exciting as far as Habitat goes.  Here's what you need to know:

1)  We are building this semester!  This exciting turn of events is due to an unexpected windfall of funds--some directly to OU Habitat from IBC, and some for our affiliate, Cleveland County HFH, with whom we will be working closely throughout the build.  For those of you who don't already know, we are building a home for the Velasco family--Salvador, Maria, and Juan.  The house will be at 205 Johnson St., which is about 3 miles north of campus.  Which brings us to:

2)  The groundbreaking ceremony for the build is THIS Saturday, August 28, at 11am.  Everyone is invited; parking is available at Goodrich Memorial United Methodist Church, which is on Robinson between Porter and Flood, right by Stubbeman Ave.  There will be someone there to direct you to the site.

3)  Our FIRST MEETING OF THE SEMESTER will be this coming Tuesday, August 31, at 7:30pm, in the OMU Crimson Room.  We'll discuss what OU Habitat is doing this semester (the build is not the only thing!), and ways you can get involved.

That's enough for now--don't worry too much if you can't make it to the meeting, as we'll be emailing the minutes out to you pretty soon afterwards.  But by all means, come if you can, and invite a friend!  =)

Clint Givens
OUHFH Secretary