Blog Activity Hello All,

To encourage some web log (blog) activity, we are sponsoring a contest called “A Decade of Reading and Writing.” The direct link to the contest is below

    http://blogs.writingproject.org/blogwrite24/2004/11/18#a95

When you first arrive at our weblog home page, you will see the contest posted as the first story on the page. On the right side of the page, you will see links listed under “Navigation,” “Postings,” and “Membership.” Anyone may join our Blog, but you do have to join in order to post and respond.

I have purchased three beautiful bound books for prizes — each quite distinctive. If no one enters, there’s one with whimsical hand-embroidery I’d like to keep for myself.

Also, I have re-designed the OWP Blog to function as an e-Anthology. For it to work, we have to have people post and others respond. That’s the “Postings” link on the right side. If you have a piece of writing, you’d like others to read, click on “Post for Response.”  If you would like to respond to someone else, click on “Chronological” or “By Topic.” That will take you to a listing of all things posted, including pictures.

Janis Cramer has just posted a piece she finished in Indianapolis and asked for comments. She’s even brave enough to ask that you “press” it.  Check out “Some Girls Would” at

    http://blogs.writingproject.org/blogwrite24/discuss/msgReader$96?mode=topic&y=2004&m=11&d=22

Wow!  Long addresses.

Later,
Sandra Effinger