Ladies and gentlemen, start your writing engines.  It's time for the
annual OWP/OSUWP Writing Retreat.  Well, at least we hope it becomes an
annual joint affair of members of the two wonderful Writing Projects.
This year we're going to write to our hearts' content at Roman Nose
Lodge, conveniently located near Watonga.

We've had a joint retreat in Guthrie a couple of years ago, and the OWP
has had a couple of retreats at Lake Murray.  It's a great chance to
focus on your own writing (Wow! What a concept!) and to get some
feedback from the best writing critics (OWP/OSUWP TC's) in the state.

For the Writing Retreat, we have reserved rooms for March 4 at Roman
Nose Lodge.  Their rate is $61 per room--two queen-sized beds--which
means a mere $30.50 per person if people double.  They also have a
meeting room for our use.

The plan is to check in by 6 p.m. on Friday, March 4, do some eating,
writing, and discussing, then sleep, then do some more writing,
discussing, and eating the next morning and afternoon.

Roman Nose has a restaurant, which has a Friday evening seafood buffet
that sounds very good ($12.95) or a regular menu.

Anyone interested in participating should call Jennifer Kuykendall at
Roman Nose at 1-800-892-8690 to reserve a room, being sure to mention
that it's part of the Writing Project group.

Directions are from I-40 west of OKC, take exit 108 and go north on Hwy
381 (through Geary and Greenfield) to Watonga, where you take Hwy 8 for
5 miles to Hwy 8A for two miles to Roman Nose Lodge.

We'll get a schedule out soon to anyone who intends to participate.
Please register as soon as possible and also email Terry Phelps at
[log in to unmask] so we can get an idea of how many to expect.