Hi Folks,

As you probably know, the waters rose after the hurricane in New Orleans
(and Mobile/Biloxi took the worst direct hit) so the Hurricane Katrina
aftermath is much worse than we expected on Monday.  A colleague from
New Orleans tells me from viewing blogs, Xavier University (the whole
city pretty much) may be out of commission for the rest of the semester
or longer.  The thousands in the N.O. superdome may be bussed to Houston
and Alabama shelters.   If you can reach or hear from our members in
that area please let the rest of us know.  Let us keep all those
affected by what is being called the worst hurricane in U.S. history in
our prayers and good thoughts.  If we can help in other effective ways
too, let us share that with each other.

Katrina was kinder to my Montgomery, AL area than any of the last 4
hurricanes that whipped through so I am SO grateful.  Also let us
remember our members in Miami who where affected by Katrina's first U.S.
landfall.  Please let us know if we can help with something in addition
to our prayers.

Professor E-K. Daufin, Ph.D.

MAC Membership Chair

Department of Communications