Dear Colleagues:

Please let us keep in our protective prayers (or good thoughts if you do not “pray”) all of our members in the path of the current windy lady (Katrina? Katherine?).

Many of our new active members teach at Xavier Univ. of LA and we are happy that they may have evacuated in time, or currently be without power but unharmed.  That means that the eye had landfall elsewhere though and is causing more severe hardship for others.  If you can access this message and are in the path of the hurricane (Here in MTG, AL we are in her path but at least we don’t expect the eye to come too near but have already had at least one associated tornado in the area.) know that our loving support, both personal and professional is surrounding you now.

Let us know how you are doing. New active members may not even be on the listserv yet (I know have not yet input the new data on the interest listserv yet.) but if you are in touch with them please let the rest of us know how they are doing.

Sincerely,

Professor E-K. Daufin, Ph.D.

MAC Membership Chair

Department of Communications