I guess I never introduced myself either. Probably because I thought I would remain sneaky and super-anonymous, as I have the past couple of years ... but I really find myself wanting to get involved again. Though I'm no longer an OU student, I am an OU instructor ... and, of course, a lifetime student of the craft (bleh) ... so I guess I can officially be involved again, right? Right.

I went to Border's tonight, but I guess I was too late. You guys really jetted out of their as fast as possible. My writing group meetings last at least two hours. Come on!

I'm kidding. So, my name is Meghan Earl. I graduated with a master's in JMC/PW in December 2003 and now work as the Managing Editor of Boyd Street magazine here in Norman. I also teach a section of 2033 lab (and hope to teach two sections next semester ... fingers crossed). I've known I wanted to be an editor for some time and am finally getting the chance. I love my job(s). What more can a girl ask for?

I wanted to head to NYC after graduation, but the few interviews I had didn't work out. I figure now it was for the best, as I'm receiving the experience I need to go into future interviews with more confidence.

I have been in a writing group since roughly 2001, and I recommend it to every one of you. It is such a key motivational factor ... and so much fun. I look forward to reading any work you would like to send me. I'm an OK writer (still and always practicing), but I'd like to say I'm a good editor (yikes).

I still haven't sent out my master's project, which is ridiculous. The goal is to get on that within the year. I'm trying to put an old plot back together. It must be tackled. So, I'll probably have questions about all that soon enough.

Will plan to be at the October 20, meeting. Really wanted to see DC tonight. Will she be at the next meeting?

ME