We are loving you, supporting and praying for you.  Your last year at Xavier as an undergraduate?  Or were you teaching?  Here below is info about Alabama State University.  Arkansas State University is providing similar assistance (Ala. Got the hint after I sent out MAC vice-head Ark. Program.  “MSU” in Texas also has a help program.  I am asking the list serve to resend their stuff to you and consider your request.  More information about what you want/need will help the right people help you in the right way.  Will call you for support.  My home # for Labor Day weekend stuff is 334.270.8052   at the Univ. it’s 334.229.6885.  I do not have access to this email off campus but do have access to: [log in to unmask].  Okay darlin’.  Please forward the info to others too who may be able to use this help.

You will get through this.  God has a plan for you.

Professor E-K. Daufin, Ph.D.

Department of Communications

Alabama State University

915 South Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

http://home.earthlink.net/~daufin

www.mylegacyforlife.net/thedaufin

www.sohotaxes.net/daufin

SOOOO many thanks to AEJMAC Vice-Head Dr. Lillie Fears for her help in making this new assistance from my home (Alabama State University) university.  Please forward this information to anyone who may use it or knows someone who may use it or be helped by it.

Professor E-K. Daufin, Ph.D.

Department of Communications

Alabama State University

915 South Jackson St.

Montgomery, AL 36101-0271

http://home.earthlink.net/~daufin

www.mylegacyforlife.net/thedaufin

www.sohotaxes.net/daufin

ALABAMA STATE UNIVERSITY SETS UP HURRICANE RELIEF PROGRAM

Supports students and others affected by Hurricane Katrina

Montgomery, AL

Alabama State University today announced a program of services designed to assist college students and others affected by Hurricane Katrina. The University is offering students displaced by the tragedy an opportunity to continue their studies at ASU, counseling for current students affected and has also established a relief fund for the ASU community to donate funds and dry goods for relief support. An ASU Hurricane Relief Office has been established in the Joe L. Reed Acadome room w-330.

"This tragedy has reached biblical proportion and we must reach out to our neighbors and offer every resource we can to help those affected," said Dr. Joe A. Lee, president.  "As a member of the National Association for Equal Opportunity in Higher Education (NAFEO) we must reach out to our sister institutions affected and help them continue the mission and charge of educating students.  Our hearts go out to the faculty, administration, students, and staff of these institutions and to all the families, who find themselves displaced and facing enormous burdens."

Many universities in southern Louisiana, Alabama and Mississippi have suffered extensive damage from the hurricane and flooding, and are not expected to reopen until next semester at the earliest.

Alabama State University will accept any affected student as a transfer student for this semester. Housing and registration will be made available to these students.

ASU’s Student Affairs and Academic Affairs officials are working out arrangements on the assumption that many of these students will not have transcripts and other key information immediately available. The Office of Student Affairs has set up a counseling desk for approximately 300 ASU students who have been directly or indirectly affected by the displacement of their family. The desk is housed in C. J. Dunn Tower on the campus of Alabama State University.

In an effort to further assist those affected, the University has established the ASU Hurricane Relief Fund and a dry good collection post. Beginning today faculty, staff, students and the community at large are asked to contribute to this relief effort. Monetary donations may be made to a special hurricane relief account established at the ASU cashier’s office in the administration building in Council Hall. Dry goods can be dropped off at the Joe L. Reed Acadome from 8 until 5 daily. A University day of collection will be held on the ASU campus on Wednesday, September 7 from 9 in the morning until 5 pm at the Acadome.

"Many of the organizations at ASU have expressed their concern for the victims and have asked how they can help," said President Lee.  "We all want to pitch in and do what is right and what we can. I ask each of you to donate, to volunteer, or provide dry goods to this program. It is our hope that these coordinated efforts will make a difference for our students and their families affected as well as others".

ASU continues to research resources that can be made available to victims of this terrible tragedy and will work with State officials to offer support.

  • The ASU Hurricane relief office is located in the Joe L. Reed Acadome room w-330
  • Goods maybe dropped off at the Acadome. From 8 until 5 daily.
  • The Student Counseling desk is open from   3 pm until 11 pm and can be reached at 229-4596.
  • To donate to the ASU Hurricane Relief fund call (334) 229-6853

For more information call (334) 229-6817 or (334) 229-4238

Janel E. Bell

Director, University Relations

Alabama State University

P.O. Box 271