When you receive, or if you have already received, your AEJMC NEWS Sept. 15 issue please WAIT before sending in your 2006-2007 Officer Recommendations form found on page 5.

Please contact me immediately by replying to me directly at [log in to unmask] if your are willing and qualified to run for Vice President, Committee on Professional Freedom and Responsibility, Committee on Research or the Committee on Teaching Standards.  If you want to nominate a MAC member for any of these offices PLEASE QUICKLY CONTACT THAT PERSON FIRST TO GET THEIR APPROVAL before sending me their name.  For the office of VP please also send me a few lines about yourself or that person to support the nomination.

Please do NOT be shy about nominating yourself.  You will be sending the email to me and I will send out a MAC slate by 10/7/05.  No one will know you nominated yourself.  AFTER you receive the MAC slate I ask you to follow your conscience, complete and send in your ORIGINAL FORM (Copies will NOT be considered.) to headquarters USPS, postmarked by or before 10/14/05.

Please note that our wonderful Dr. Paula Poindexter and Dr. Diana Rios are continuing members of the Research and Teaching Standards Committees respectively.  They should not be re-nominated for these committees nor can we nominate anyone from their schools for those committees.

I look forward to hearing from you SOON.

Thanks,

Professor E-K. Daufin, Ph.D.

Department of Communications

Alabama State University